Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Labor of a New Store

Getting ready to open a new store to me is a lot like being pregnant for the first time. I have no idea what I am doing but a lot of people are giving me advice...some really good and some really scary. I have wild and crazy dreams all the time about what the first few moments and days will be like. It seems like I get "checkups" more and more often as we get closer to the "due date". I am trying to pick out furniture and decorations for a big empty room. I "registered" for lots of gifts (aka...I went to Market and ordered a bunch of stuff that will ship in September). People keep telling me everything is going to be great but sometimes I wonder if I will be able to handle being a "new mom" to a new store. One thing that is very true is...like being pregnant...the "go-date" is coming whether I am ready or not! I just pray that everything will turn out as perfect as my precious Dotty did! I wasn't sure I would know what to do when I left for the hospital in the early morning hours of Sept. 8, 2007...but the minute I saw her...I just knew. I keep hoping that the day the doors open to the new Pecan Shed I again will just know.

No comments:

Post a Comment